Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Prayer For A Friend 4/15/2008

I know I have used this e-mail group to keep you all updated on my journey with cancer; however, now I need your prayer support for a friend. Mrs. Betty Floyd is one of the sweetest ladies I have ever met. She and her husband sit in the pew behind us in church. Coach and Mrs. Floyd retired to Cherokee Village several years ago. Coach Floyd was the Athletic Director at Arkansas State for several years before moving to Cherokee Village. Mrs. Floyd has been battling lung cancer. My mom told me tonight that she is in the hospital and she is fighting hard against this Devil! Mrs. Floyd is tiny but she sure is tough! She gives great hugs and always has the biggest smile on her face. She has been a very devoted member of our church (Cherokee Village United Methodist) and spends most of her time giving to and praying for others. When Mom told me about Mrs. Betty I sat here for a few minutes feeling so helpless--then I remembered my awesome "Army of Angels". The best thing that I can do for Mrs. Betty now is pray. To have the opportunity to call on each of you for additional prayer support for her is so wonderful. Thank you for taking the time to pray for Mrs. Betty and her family. Much love to you all! MK

No comments: