Tuesday, May 20, 2008

MK Update 4/21/2008

Well, no chemo today. My blood counts are too low and Dr. Harrington said it would not be wise to go ahead with the chemo since my counts were so low. So, my next chemo treatment will be next Monday (the 28th). She said regardless of what my counts are next Monday they will go ahead with the chemo. If my counts are still low, they will just monitor me closely next week. I can still work and do normal activity this week; I just can't have chemo. I was really, really upset this morning. I cried and cried--then I talked to my dad. He is the best motivator I have ever met. He reminded me that this means I get another good week to work, have fun, and feel "normal". He also reminded me that Dr. Harrington knows what she is doing and that if she thinks I shouldn't have a treatment today than she is right. It took about 30 minutes for his words to sink in with me and start to make me feel better. Then, Chris took me to the mall and we bought Zac (one of my nephews) some new clothes for the summer. There is no medicine like buying surprises for someone else! I know that God is using this week to strengthen me as well. I have spent the last 10 days telling Chris that I could not do one more treatment. I even told him I was not going to go. I have prayed so hard that God would give me the strength and courage to get through today. Again, God is so good! He knew I just wasn't mentally ready for this treatment. So, he is giving me one more week to enjoy the "good" days and prepare myself for the "yucky" days ahead. I continue to be amazed by His presence and His messages (both big and small) to me. There really are no unanswered prayers--sometimes it just takes a little bit to figure out the message in the answer! I feel renewed and ready! I feel God's arms of comfort wrapped around me and His healing hands lifting me. I am going to enjoy this week; and I will be ready for the next treatment! Again, I thank each of you for your continued prayer support. Please pray that I continue to feel God's presence with me this week as I prepare for next Monday. You are an awesome and inspiring "Army of Angels" and I love you all dearly! God bless! MK

No comments: