Tuesday, May 20, 2008

MK Update 3/9/2008

Well, tomorrow is the big day! I am scheduled to start chemo at 11:30. This is supposed to be a "teaching session" so while I am I getting the chemo the nurse will be teaching Chris and me all about this glorious experience! :) I am very ready to get this started so that I can get it finished, but I am also nervous and scared as well. I am just anxious to see what, if any, side effects I will experience. I did have a great time in the snow yesterday. Chris and I went with David, Zac, and Alex to my parents' house. We had a massive snowball fight complete with four-wheelers and hideouts! It was great! My Dad took us sledding in Cherokee Village. It was so much fun! Alex sledded right into a thorn bush. Chris tried to "snow surf". Dad pulled Zac and Alex on sleds behind the four-wheeler. He pulled both of them over a pile of snow and straight into a mud puddle. I even got on the sled a few times. At one point Dad said, "I haven't laughed this long and this hard in a long time." We had so much fun and laughed so much. And, Mom had great food prepared for us all day. It was a great day--full of many happy thoughts I can take with me to the doctor's office tomorrow. I just love snow--it is so much fun and it's just hard not to be happy when surrounded by snow. I know the snow was God's way of getting me prepared to start this chemo out on a positive note--isn't He awesome! My co-workers have prayed for weeks for a big snow. They know how much I love snow and they really wanted me to get my chance to play in the snow before chemo starts. They too are awesome! I will keep you posted on how everything is going. I can't thank each of you enough for your continued support. I certainly do not feel alone in this phase of the battle. I can't wait to celebrate OUR victory over this cancer soon! You are all AWESOME! Love to you all! MK

No comments: