Tuesday, May 20, 2008

MK Update 3/30/2008

I have had a great weekend! I have many happy thoughts to take with me to chemo tomorrow! Initially, Zac and Alex seemed to be a tad shocked by my lack of hair. It didn't take them long to get used to it and start in with the funny remarks. The best came today. Zac started calling me Spaldy. I couldn't figure out where that came from so I asked. He said, "You know from that movie where that guy is lost and he has that basketball he named Spaldy--you look like that ball." We got a big laugh out of that. Of course, I had to tell him that it was a volleyball and the guy named it Wilson. So, then they started calling me Wilson. So now, they are calling me Spaldy and Wilson instead of Sissy--I think they both sound pretty good! I know that is going to be one of my top memories from all of this, especially if the boys continue to call me Spaldy or Wilson! Your prayers for the boys are working--they seem to be handling all of this better than I thought they would! I want to thank each of you for your continued prayer support. I look forward to getting my second treatment finished tomorrow. I know with your prayers, I will get through the next two weeks better than I did after the first round of chemo. It's just amazing what can be done with such a wonderful "Army of Angels" on my side. I love each of you dearly! MK

No comments: