Tuesday, May 20, 2008

MK Update 2/19/2008

I just received a call from Dr. Harrington's office. My scans have been read and there was no sign of cancer in any other location in my body--not my ribs, not my brain, not anywhere! Praise to all of you for lifting me up in continuous prayer the last few days regarding these scans. The past few days have been very difficult. I told Chris last night that I was starting to feel like a loser. I have always met any challenge in my life head on and basically have just steamrolled through any challenge. But this has been so different. I told Chris I felt like I wasn't steamrolling through this and was merely searching for the key to the steamroller! Yesterday, during the PET scan I started having negative thoughts and scary thoughts. I just started telling the Devil to get away from me and then I just said a prayer and starting singing every hymn I could think of. For an hour straight--I was laying on that table singing hymns over and over. It was so calming and it drove those thoughts and the Devil right out of that room. I know that God is my steamroller and I need to learn to have faith in Him at all times and just let Him do the driving! I am so ready to get this chemo started knowing now that this cancer is cureable! It is your prayers that continue to allow me to face each challenge! I go tomorrow to have the port placed for chemo and will start the chemo March 10th. Thanks to all of you for your continued prayer support! Love to you all! MK

No comments: