Monday, October 13, 2008

MK Update 9/1/2008

Hello all!! I just wanted to check in and let everyone know that I am doing great!!! I am finally feeling like my old self again. My energy level seems to be back to normal and I haven't felt sick in about three weeks. I think the chemo has finally left my system!! I still have no hair and I am starting to wonder if it is going to grow back!! Tomorrow morning, I have my first surgery to start the reconstruction process. It is an outpatient procedure. I have to be there (Baptist) at 6:00 and the surgery is scheduled to start around 7:30. I am considered to be "high risk" for infection since I had the infection from the lumpectomy. So, I have to stay in the house and away from people for 2 to 4 weeks. I ask that each of you pray specifically for NO INFECTIONS!!!! I am not worried about the surgery, but I am a little concerned with infection. If all goes well and I have no infections, this reconstruction process should only take around 2 to 4 months and should involve only two surgeries--the one tomorrow and the final one in 2 to 4 months. However, if I have problems with infections this process will take much longer and will involve more than 2 surgeries. I will keep you posted on this process. Thanks again for carrying me through this journey! You are all wonderful and I love you dearly!! God bless! MK

No comments: